Please check out and comment on John's post on Looking for Ideas for the Information Science Channel.
- Information policy including open access, intellectual property, and gov't openness
- Information visualization
- Information architecture
- Publisher/publishing funding models: subscriptions, page charges, article charges
- Information search strategies
- Citations - importance of (for attribution? as a proxy for "quality"? not sure)
- Digital preservation including data curation
Wow. I can't speak for John, but I only feel 100% comfortable in one of those areas. The "voting" never closes - just hop over there and leave a comment when you think of something.