Read this (pdf). So the UC system has been screaming - they are totally cutting budgets, people, everything... And NPG has decided to hike their subscription renewal prices by 400%. So if the offer doesn't change, UC's going to fight back, and it will hurt. Boy, will it hurt.
I'm a science and engineering librarian and information scientist at a university-affiliated research center. I have a BS in Physics, an MLS, and a PhD in Information Studies. Nothing here represents my employer.
Search this blog
- Brief notes from Maryland SLA's Storytelling with Data
- Metaknowledge (python) and Bibliometrix (R) - more or less comprehensive bibliometrics packages for standard data science environments
- Data point on if we need expensive specialty research databases
- Notes from 1.5 days of: Collections as Data: Hack-to-Learn
- Peer Review Review Paper for Review by Peers
- Metaknowledge (python) and Bibliometrix (R) - more or less comprehensive bibliometrics packages for standard data science environments on
- Data point on if we need expensive specialty research databases on
- The degree, being a professional, some options... stop whining on
- I will be going to the March for Science (DC) on
Contribute to ScientopiaClick here to toss some change in our contribution jar. All funds donated will be used solely to support Scientopia's operating costs. See our Code for more information on our funding policies.