Any readers interested in my work (and you'd probably have to be following me for a while to even know what that is), will probably be interested in that of Paige Brown Jarreau. She's a PhD Candidate at LSU and is defending any day now. She did a massive set of interviews and a survey and has shared some of her results on FigShare, on her blog, and in her Twitter stream. So far we've mostly had a glimpse of her findings - can't wait to see the rest of her dissertation (good grief the rate I'm going I guess I'll get a chance to cite it in mine 🙂 )
I'm a science and engineering librarian and information scientist at a university-affiliated research center. I have a BS in Physics, an MLS, and a PhD in Information Studies. Nothing here represents my employer.
Search this blog
- An ephemeral platform, used for other than ephemeral, and the death of Storify
- More evidence for the discovery layer as pile of crap metaphor
- No, vendor, we don't want a pile of crap actually
- Welcoming Confessions of a Science Librarian to Scientopia!
- Providing real, useful intellectual access to reference materials from current library pages
Contribute to ScientopiaClick here to toss some change in our contribution jar. All funds donated will be used solely to support Scientopia's operating costs. See our Code for more information on our funding policies.